Friday, April 16, 2010

Luxury accommodation to Munich



Wednesday April 15th,2010

I love surprises!

Tonight we are taking the "nightline" train from Paris to Munich, Germany.Originally I had booked the nightline as I thought it would be fun for the kids..a new experience. It really is all about the kids. It wasnt a trip I was particularily looking forward to. All I could imagine was a stuffed little cabin and falling out of bed as we rounded corners.

What a surprise.. Its great. We have our own, reasonably sized, room with seats that make into bunks.We have computer connection. It is clean and comfortable. We have food and wine. Its a little bit like camping.



Not planning to get much sleep..

On expectations.....I have been trying to keep our "expectation" level at the simmering point. Too much and there is the opportunity for some disappointment...too little and there is not enough excitement or enthusiam. We are experiencing so many things for the first time and not necessarily giving them the time that they deserve. I dont want to walk away feeling disappointed or dissatisfied, thinking" hmm..that was it..?" when I know that some things need time, patience and a little effort to really appreciate. This I am trying to teach the kids.

1 comment:

  1. uhm.... no updates for 10 days???!!!????
    perhaps my 'expectations' are a bit too high ;^)

    ReplyDelete