Saturday, April 3, 2010

Annecy, France


Today has been nice and slow. Darcy, Kelly and the kids have left for Morocco. We have just been sitting back and absorbing the last week.It feels like we have been here much longer than a week. Both kids are curled up doing their thing, Mike has gone to a cafe and I am researching where to go and what to do next. It feels nice to just sit back and relax. Its easy to do. Geneva likes to close down for holidays and Sundays too. Earlier, I was the frantic one at the grocery store making sure that we were stocked up until Tuesday. God forbid we go hungry...or run out of wine. I have had a hard time getting my head around the fact that I CANNOT SHOP! I cannot pop into the store for any last minute ingredients. To add to this...nothing comes in a large quantity. The largest containor of milk I can buy is 1 L.The largest yogurt is 500g. Cereal 350g...Max can finish that off in a day with a litre of milk. I am not use to shopping this way. I was definitely out of place with my buggy full of food..oh, and to top it off dressed head to toe in "workout wear"

Yesterday we spent the day in Annecy, France. It is a great little town, on Lac Annecy, situated about 45min. from Geneva. Mike and I visited there last time we were here and wanted the kids to see it. It is very lively.The boardwalk was packed and the cafes full. It is great place to wander about and people watch. Both times I have seen it in the spring. I am looking forward to visiting this summer and going for a swim in the lake.There are a number of pictures on my flickr account..link is on my blog. Excuse all the photos of windows and doors...it is just another phase I am going through.

Everyone is very concerned that the easter bunny will not be able to find us tomorrow...at what age does this end??

No comments:

Post a Comment