Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Off to Italy...

We are off to Italy!

Once again we will have no internet so I am not making any promises as to when I will be blogging again.

I should write a blog about not having internet as it has been a big eye opener for Mike and myself.

We need internet. We use it for everything...Olivias schooling, trip research, maps, world news( in english), inspiration, work and everyday communication. What we have discovered is that it is possible to live without it...you just have to be extremely organized and focused.

Internet time is "GO" time here. There is no cruising around reading peoples blogs or checking out the weather. We go to a cafe with free wifi, order an espresso (that is another blog in itself...) or a glass of wine and get the list out.It is all about focus...which, trust me, is hard here. There is a lot going on..Cannes is people watching at its best!

Too funny...I just looked over to have a glance and see what Mike was up to on the computer....he is checking out how much altitude he gained on his ride today. Ok, it is now obvious who is actually running the trip here.

Anyway, it is has been a very liberating experience living without immediate internet access. No distraction! It is all part of my "living in the moment" theme....

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment