Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I need a vacation from this holiday...



We have had a great couple of days in Geneva. The weather has been sunny and warm. We have spent the mornings working on various projects, schooling included. Mike has been able to get out for some great country rides on his bike. He will be damned if he proves me right and does not use the bike that we have carted half way around the world. (ok...does that make sense?) We have spent the afternoons wondering the waterfront on foot or bike.The promenade has been packed with people.

People watching is fantastic here! I wish I had the nerve to snap more shots of some of the great getups I have witnessed. Once again, I have been the only one sporting athletic wear?! Even those rollerblading and biking have had on some great jeans and always a scarf.

It all sounds great doesn't it?

It is!

BUT, it is so busy..

I kid you not when I say I need a vacation. Between homeschooling, organizing daily life, researching the trip, keeping in touch..it is full on, all the time.I have barely read. My french lessons are non existent. I have not picked up a paintbrush or even a colored pen. Well, thats a bit of a lie...I have splattered some glue in Maxs journal. I glued the map of Europe upside down....he noticed because "the boot' was upside down. It's no wonder he doesn't know where we are.



Tomorrow is go time. We are heading to Paris for the next leg of our journey. I finalized our accommodation an hour ago! I cant say any more about that because it has to do with my commitment/indecision issues and it will only start a fight. (there were just so many great places and neighborhoods and it was so much fun looking at all the apts ,where they were located and how they were decorated...my imagination got the better of me)

I plan on spending my 3 hours on the train relaxing.

Then let it all begin again.....

1 comment:

  1. We are enjoying your blogs....keep up the good work. I just do not know how long it will keep interesting you, but you are doing great now.

    love
    mum and Dad.
    ps. try to not confuse
    max any further.

    ReplyDelete