Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And then there were seven...

Ok, it has been a couple of days and I am feeling a tad guilty for posting a picture of my darling she-devil...

I now have my rose colored glasses on and I am seeing her in a much better light.



That child can be good as gold for hours on end.Then, out of the blue, she is replaced by the she devil ..a whirlwind of snarkiness and moodiness prevails. The next minute all is fine and she acts like nothing has happened...leaving destruction in her pathway and the rest of us in a bad mood. Mike and I fare well, but poor Max. He just doesn't have the experience yet to be able to ignore.

I do not deal well with inconsistency.



Ok, this child also drives me crazy. Fortunately , it is nothing that a good pair of earplugs cant solve. He has Beiber fever. He wanders around all day singing songs about love lost and breaking hearts. I swear he will live with us for the rest of his life.



Ice cream from L'art de glacier. Endless flavors of homemade ice cream and sorbet served over meringue with fresh fruit and chocolate sauce.




We ate the whole thing....for dinner.

We are still in Provence , but only about 10km as the crow flies from our last abode. It is amazing just how different it is. We are out of the vineyards and orchards and into the hills. A rocky landscape bursting out of the greenery. .Still expansive cornflower blue sky, but the never- ending wheat fields are gone. I miss them, but I am also liking it here. Very fickle!



This home exchange will be a test as we are actually going to be in one place for a whole month.(will post pics later...the accommodation,excuse me, the compound, is hardly a test !!) To add to the challenge we also have visitors for most of the month. The grandparents arrive tomorrow for two weeks and then we have Kelly and Darcy at the end of the month. Our lives have become quite routine despite all the movement so it is always interesting to see what outsiders add to the mix. Will keep you posted! All those out there requesting more drama may finally get their fill. You have practically "willed" it!

Our social life has been rocking these days! Last week we had the opportunity to visit old (university) friends in St Cezaire sur Siagne . They were down visiting for the week from London and invited us for a visit.Quite daring considering we now have kids and it has been 10 years since we last saw them. It could have been a disastrous 24 hours with no escape from us. It wasn't!



We had a great time! It was a mini vacation.We lounged by the pool,reminisced about the past, talked about the future and generally got caught up. Kathy and I stayed up until all hours drinking rose and solving our children's problems. Our own problems are same-old and boring....



There is something quite special about university friends. I find it very easy to pick up where I left off with these friends regardless of the years that have passed. It is right down to the nitty gritty with these peeps. I am hoping to see this crew more often. Hopefully in London! (sorry deeds...girls trip to nyc soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment