Tuesday, June 22, 2010



Ahhh, it has been a while since I blogged. I think I may be coming down with a little something..... dare I say.. writers block. Or is it just that reality is lurking in the shadows and I am not quite sure if I am ready for it.. We are only 4 weeks away from home. I am having very mixed feelings about the final weeks of this trip..

I have come to enjoy my lack of communication with the world.For months I complained about my lack of internet access. Now I have access and I complain again.(The otherside always seems so much better.. ) Lack of it has offered a certain freedom that one doesn't normally have in the "real" world.. There is no responsibility to anyone , but those you are with. Some may say it is selfish. Others may say its avoidance. I say ignorance is bliss!!

All I really know right now is that we are very excited to return home BUT there is no doubt in my mind that there is going to be some sort of letdown a few weeks after our return. I give it two weeks...
We will definitely be in need of some friend therapy..



Aix en Provence



All has been good here with the family.We have all travelled together before so I don't expect any problems. It took a few days for Mike and I to get use to having others around.Lots of talking!! We enjoy it, but after months of just us, it takes a little getting use to again. The kids are in heaven. They love having their grandparents around. They are all sitting around a small coffee table puzzling/bantering right now. I don't think it gets better than that for family time. But trust me it has not been all fun and games..



We have had a busy couple of weeks touring.It has been very satisfying sharing our experiences with the others. We have revisited a number of the small towns we grew to love in the Luberon area - Lourmarin, Bonnieux, Aix. We have also discovered more beautiful places in the Bouches-du-Rhone area - Avignon, St Remy de Provence, L'isle-sur-la-Sorgue. The south of France is a little sliver of heaven with something to satisfy every whim.



I have to mention the "bluebird" days that seem quite typical here in the South. I know artists have been speaking of the crisp and clean light here for years. I understand now..I feel like I have hit the enhance key on my photo editing editing program.



The compound..enough room for everyone!



papa pontificating



The daily "chore" of picking cherries


Found in my mothers suitcase (which was found and returned from the airport absolutely tattered and beyond repair...)
A big bottle of gin,homemade irish soda bread and banana bread, a kg jar of peanut butter, archie digest comics...Bless her!



Buying different types of "bird whistles" from the Bird man at the Lourmarin market.





Nimes at night.
We had a fantastic evening out with our "home exchange" friends in Nimes. In fine french form...we sat down to dinner at 10pm. We found ourselves still wandering around town at 2am. The kids were thrilled to be out so late, my dad not so thrilled...




June 21st is the FĂȘte de la Musique throughout all France. A night not to be missed. Artists of all ability and style scattered throughout the town.All streets are closed and there is a show of some sort around every corner.



The last sit down conversation I had with Mike was something about moving to Pemberton meadows and living in an airstream, grid-free.I am looking forward to re-connecting with him at the end of the month when it is just the four of us again...

No comments:

Post a Comment