Sunday, May 23, 2010

Replay s'il vous plait!


fields of red

I cant believe we are at the halfway mark. Time is flowing by like honey. Nice and slow....

When we first began the trip and I actually had a moment to think about the timeline, I would find myself a wee bit apprehensive about all of it. So much to see and so much to do. I will admit there were a few instances when I actually thought to myself ' we have how many weeks left?" Its funny how it has all changed. I barely know the time, let alone the day of the week. Did I mention I could do this forever?

We are now in Cucuron, a small town in the Luberon region of Provence. It is sunset - Mike has gone for an evening run along the back country roads and the kids are playing hide and seek in the wheat fields with the neighbors 11 y.r old boy and his dog. I am sitting here surrounded by vineyards,orchards and many a fig tree. There is a slight breeze, but all is quiet except for the crickets and the occasional waft of violin in the distance. (I kid you not!!).

I am having another 'a-ha' moment...

The kids have proven to be excellent travellors. They are up for any adventure...if it is presented the right way. Originally we had planned to situate ourselves in one spot and travel to and fro from there. We are very happy with our decision to move about. While we have grown to love most of the places we have stayed, we are always excited at the prospect of a new adventure. A common question around here is "where are we going next?"

Mike and I have also adapted well to travelling...travelling with kids..
Mike calls it his zen test...I just drink more wine.The coffee is not so good in France, but the pastis works just fine too.
We have discovered that we really do prefer rural to urban. We are most happiest in the country, on our bikes or in the trails, with few cars and fewer tourists. I have even caught Mike taking a picture of a rosebush.. Are we getting dotty in our years??

We have had many laughs at our own expense..

A few more pictures from Italy...


view of the rooftops from Montepulciano



Taking the "New Moon" tour in Montepulciano. It was actually very fun. Ahh..bella and edward.


Cantina dei Redi




View from Montalcino


Giro D'Italia is all the rage. A bottle of fine brunello produced for the race with proceeds going towards breast cancer.


Max and his Barcelona Messi shirt has made us a lot enemies here...


Oh, we are such tourists! Rome in a day could only be done on the big red double decker sightseeing bus! I know we will get lots of grief for coming this far and only spending one day in Rome. My only excuse is that we were loving Tuscany. Isnt it important to save something for the next trip?


Max with his head stuck in the big red bus...


Colosseum and Forum


one of a hundred statue pictures....what am i to do with all these?


Fontana Di Trevi.


More ruins...or as max would say "unfinished business"



" if I am really bad I will get more gelato...."


The Vatican

No comments:

Post a Comment