Monday, July 12, 2010

Tour de France



What an all out fantastic day we just had with the Peiffers!

After numerous cross continent emails -our two worlds actually collided! We met up for Stage 8 of The Tour de France Morzine -Avoriaz. I am not sure what I enjoyed more - the adventure of getting to the actual race, or the race in itself. Regardless, the adventure of it all will be a highlight of our trip.



We met up with them at Les Croset in Switzerland. A beautiful little area nestled far up in the Alps.Tony and Andrea met and lived there.Lucky! Its postcard perfect.

Mike and I both agreed that it was great to get back up into the mountains again...so looking forward to home...



We hopped on the telefurnique and three chairs later we had crossed from Switzerland into France. We stopped for a coffee at a little hut in the middle of nowhere just to soak it all in. Both Maxs were in heaven...surrounded by what they could only imagine to be great skiing.. I have to admit that even I spent some time imaging myself living there for a winter. Mike is already on it...



Our third and final chair brought us up to Avoriaz, the finish of stage 8 of the Tour de France.

What a gong show! I have watched countless hours of the tour on TV, but to experience it firsthand was quite something. I am tempted to join the Caravan riftraft and follow the tour one summer. Any takers??



The fans..endless fanfare..the enthusiasm and energy for this all day event is catching!









Its all about the SWAG!! We all became children, frantic to be the one to catch the free stuff. I swear Andrea still shoved me to get the Panach umbrella hat! I came away with a few bruises..





The Parade...keeping the masses entertained while they wait.







The wait..

It was a long day waiting for the boys to arrive...







Here they come...







Ryder Rocks!!



..so does Lance...with a little road rash.





The trip home...









A perfect day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment